Buy my novella. Doctor Occultus; A Dream of Darkness out now on Nook and supported devices

Friday, April 5, 2013

Chasm (5 minute exercise)

The chasm loomed ahead, a sharp drop that had claimed an unknown number of hikers over time. What mysteries lay at the bottom, lodged between the rocks, forgotten by time. The snow whipped in a mighty fury, my vision nothing but a blinding white. My body was buffeted by the ever present winds. I planted my foot, the metal prongs of my boots digging into the permafrost, I was nearly there, a stones throw from the summit. I continued with steady hands and sure feet, I could make out a tattered red flag marking the top...so close...so close...so close. Then it was over, my destination reached, not the summit, not this time, not ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment